Meet the Senior Staff
- Auditor General
- Chief of Staff/Deputy Auditor General for Administration
- Chief Counsel
- Deputy Auditor General for External Affairs
- Deputy Auditor General for Audits
- Deputy Auditor General for Strategic Initiatives
- Communications Director / Press Secretary
The auditor general has been the commonwealth's fiscal watchdog since 1809, when it was created by an act of the General Assembly. The auditor general was appointed by the governor until 1850, when the position became an elected office.
Auditors general were elected to serve three-year terms until 1909, when a constitutional amendment increased the terms to four years. Eugene DePasquale is Pennsylvania's 51st elected auditor general.